Gressenhall Farm & Workhouse Trip
Thursday 20 February 2020, 10am - 3pm
Gressenhall Farm & Workhouse
Gressenhall Farm & Workhouse are waiting for you on the DSD Trip! Tickets available from January 24th!
As part of the partnership between UEA and the Norfolk Museums, all students get FREE admission to all 10 museums!
Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse is a great rural life museum, which includes history on the family and workhouse from 1777 to 1948, which gives an insight to tough work and life from the people who lived and worked there. (A workhouse is a building/institution where very poor people in Britain used to work, in exchange for food and shelter.)
There is also live working farm with horses, pigs, cows, sheep, chickens and more, as well as a free (donations accepted) tractor ride.
You can also set back into time in a 1930s rural village, check out the Museum of Norfolk and much more.
This is a great free half day out to go explore something new that you may not normally visit. As Gressenhall is in the countryside and difficult to get on public transport, we have provide the transportation for.
The day starts at 9:45am outside Congregation Hall, with the coach leaving UEA at 10:00am and driving you right to Gressenhall, arriving at around 10:45am. You then get the day to visit the farm and absorb its history. The coach will then leave at 2:00pm, arriving back at UEA around 3:00pm. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the coach leaves both in the morning and in the evening.
- To go on a Do Something Different trip you must be a UEA student.
- You must bring along your UEA campus card and e-ticket to be able to attend this DSD trip. We will be checking your campus card ID and ticket holder information.
- If you have bought a ticket for another student, please let us know the name of your plus one 5 days before the trip departs.
Cancellation for Trips:
- Tickets for this trip are non-refundable.
- You can exchange your ticket with fellow UEA students, but this must be arranged without the help of the DSD team. If you sell your ticket on to another student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have sold your ticket and who we can expect instead of you.
Free Admission to all 10 Norfolk Museums include:
Norwich Castle | Ancient House | Strangers Hall | Elizabethan House | Museum of Norwich | Time & Tide | Cromer Museum | Tolhouse Gaol | Gressenhall Farm & Workhouse | Lynn Museum
This is a Do Something Different activity. Do Something Different is an extracurricular programme to enhance your time at university. From our week long festival in February to daily activities ranging from arts to sports, there is a do something different activity happening everyday! For more information check out ueadifferent.com and @ueasu_dsd.